Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 April 2012

Tuesday 20th March

It's our last full day today (homeward bound tomorrow) so after a late breakfast we set off for another walk through the West Bank villages.  I try and spot the big lizard I saw while horseriding last week while walking along the side of the canal but all we see is the odd rat.  Again, no hassle only Schoolchildren asking our names, wanting to say hello and ask where we are from.





No hassle here!!!







Mid afternoon we had arranged to say goodbye to old friends and new and had organised a sail on Hazels felucca 'Spirit' along with Edward and Freda (OurLuxorFlat from TripAdvisor)




Who needs a beach when you have the beautiful River Nile to look out onto


We headed south towards the bridge, past the Jolie Ville hotel (since the expansion it looks more like a big resort hotel that the peaceful island retreat it used to be - nearly 700 rooms now I believe - it's ideal for families and those that want to be away from the hustle and bustle of town though )





When sailing past the Jolie Ville we all spotted a JET SKI, I kid you not - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.  Hazel said she had seen it a few months ago.  Would I Jet Ski on the Nile, NO NO NO - apart from having down right terrible co-ordination -( the quad biking incident still sticks in my mind where I crashed into a wall then some date palms and needed rescuing ) There are feluccas, motorboats, Nile Cruise boats to dodge round PLUS some pretty strong currents if you were to come off.....




Spending an afternoon quietly sailing on a felucca will be ruined if Jet Ski's take off in Luxor........

Entertainment was provided by Edward who treated us to a tune via 'playing the spoons' he is actually really good at it too.........


Sorry the video seems to be the wrong way round

All in all we are out for around 4 hours, it's bliss............






Our Captain - Sayeed




We say goodbye to Edward and Freda, great company!!!!
We dine that evening on the rooftop of our hotel, lentil soup, Kofta in tomato sauce - chef has pulled out all the stops for our final meal there.  I'm not looking forward to going home and having to cook for myself again,  my cooking can't compete with this (I can see myself heading to M & S when I get home out of sheer lazyness)



No comments:

Post a Comment